Written instructions for this tutorial are below the video. Enjoy!
Copy a Layer Mask in Photoshop
By Linda Sattgast
All versions of Photoshop
- You must already have one layer mask created in order to copy it.
- Press Alt (Mac: Opt) and click and drag a copy of the original layer mask thumbnail in the Layers panel to the new layer.
- If you don’t use the Alt key (Mac: Opt key) Photoshop will simply move the mask to the new layer instead of copying it.)
Invert or Delete a Mask
- To invert a mask so that the white becomes black and the black becomes white, in the Menu Bar choose Image > Adjustments > Invert or use the shortcut, Ctrl I (Mac: Cmd I).
- To delete a mask, in the Layers panel right click on the mask thumbnail and choose Delete Layer Mask.
© Digital Scrapper (Scrapper's Guide, LLC) | Web Design by Linda Sattgast